Friday, November 9, 2018

Ask The Groomer

Why is it important to have my dogs nails trimmed or filed?

There are several reasons why it is important to get your dog's nails trimmed or filed.  As the nails grow longer, they can curl and break as they get frail or become very sharp which can all lead to bigger issues. When the nerve known as the "quick" grows longer within the nails, it can cause pain, bleeding and a possible infection. In the long run, long nails can cause dogs to walk in an irregular way and in turn develop skeletal problems.

According to most veterinarians, it is ideal to get your pet's nails taken care of at least once a month.

As dogs nails grow longer, they can eventually start to curl around and push their toes sideways; the pressure felt on the toes can be compared to hammertoe syndrome in  humans. In addition, pain and soreness can radiate up the entire leg and cause Fido to not want to walk or stand up for long periods of time. Ingrown nails can also result when the nails become long enough to curl back into the paw pad.

Dogs with brittle nails can experience breakage when there is enough pressure. These broken nails can get jagged and sharp. In situations where the nails break and bleed, a styptic powder can be used to clot and stop the bleeding. Unfortunately, when a nail breaks very close to the toe and exposes the quick, it can it cause extreme nerve pain and may require a visit to your vet to get prescription medications that can treat the pain and prevent an infection.

Conveniently, dogs that often walk on concrete or pavement, file the sharp point of their nails down naturally as they walk. Conversely, dogs that spend more time walking on soft surfaces will end up with nails that have extremely sharp points.

Lastly, we all know it is not fun to find that your pets have shredded the upholstery of your couches or left permanent scratch markings on your hard wood floors when it can all be easily prevented.

If any of these things are happening to you or your precious pups, then it's time to visit your favorite groomer for a paw-dicure!

2 comments:

  1. I was diagnosed of Herpes 2 years ago and I have tried all possible means to get the cure but all to no avail, until I saw a post in a health forum about a Herbal Doctor(Dr Akhigbe) who prepares herbal medicine to cure all kind of diseases including Herpes, at first i doubted, if it was real but decided to give him a trial, when I contacted Dr Akhigbe through his Email: drrealakhigbe@gmail.com he guided me and prepared a herbal medicine and sent it to me via courier Delivery service,when I received the package (herbal medicine) He gave me instructions on how to consume it,I started using it as instructed and I stopped getting outbreaks and the sores started vanishing, could you believe I was cured of this deadly virus within two to three weeks and notices changes in my body. Days of using this REMEDY,couldn't believe the healing at first until I see it as my HERPES get cleared like magic Dr Akhigbe also use his herbal medicine to cure diseases like, HIV, HERPES, CANCER, ALS, CHRONIC DISEASE, HEART DISEASE, LUPUS, ASTHMA, DIABETES HEPATITIS A AND B.ECZEMA, BACK PAIN, EXTERNAL EFFECTION ION,EPILEPSY,STROKE,KIDNEY DISEASE,ACME. etc Contact this great herbal Doctor today the father of herbal root cure. via Email: drrealakhigbe@gmail.com or whatsapp him +2348142454860 and get cured permanently He is real..

    website: https:drrealakhigbe.weebly.com

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hello everyone! my name is Noah, I'm writing this article to appreciate the good work of DR AKHIGBE that helped me recently to bring back my wife that left me for another man for the past 6 months. After seeing a comment of a woman on the internet testifying of how she was helped by DR AKHIGBE I also decided to contact him for help because all i wanted was for me to get my wife, happiness and to make sure that my child grows up with his mother 'I love my wife' Am happy today that he helped me and i can proudly say that my wife is now with me again and she is now in love with me like never before. Are you in need of any help in your relationship like getting back your man, wife, boyfriend, girlfriend or loves and family relationship. Viewers reading my post that needs the help of DR AKHIGBE should contact him via E-mail: drrealakhigbe@gmail.com You can also call or contact him via whatsapp +2348142454860 He also cure deadly diseases and virus with his natural herbal medicine herbs. like
    HIV/AIDS
    HERPES
    EPILEPSY
    STROKE
    EXTERNAL INFECTION
    CANCER
    DIABETES
    CHRONIC DISEASE
    HEPATITIS A&B AND OTHERS. his email again: drrealakhigbe@gmail.com
    number : +2348142454860

    ReplyDelete